Monday 16 December 2019

Various Artists - 60's Sounds 1 & 2





A small selection of some sounds that supplied the soundtrack to my early teenage years in the swinging 60's, London...Concentrating on the more commercial Pop/Rock artists and bands (I have posted an earlier compilation that shows the equally exciting Soulful sounds of the time...Tamla, Atlantic & Stax Records)  ...It was a very creative time...
I saw The Beatles, aged 9 on 8th Dec. 1963 at the Odeon Cinema, Lewisham. They came on stage, Paul counted 1-2-3 and they started with 'I Saw Her Standing There'...everything else was obliterated by female screams...I saw one girl gush a piss...
Now...I feel great to be old enough to tell of a distant wonder !    
On reflection (in my 60's too !)...maybe we were just a little idealistic...(pass that J !) LOL ! 
But...this year my family went to Amsterdam for a weekend...It was so relaxed, and yes the Coffee Shops occupied some of my time...An OAP bald hippie...? - Gus 



Beatles

Byrds
Rolling Stones

Bob Dylan
Manfred Mann



No comments:

Post a Comment

Various Artists - The O T Band Covers-Influences

Various Artists - The O T Band Covers-Influences Here is a 52 track compilation of the songs that The O T Band regularly covered/featured ...