Tuesday 2 October 2018

Cream - Farewell Concert / November 26, 1968 - Royal Albert Hall, London + (Narration & Interviews documentary) ...Plus !



Cream were a British rock power trio formed in 1966 consisting of drummer Ginger Baker, guitarist/singer Eric Clapton and lead singer/bassist Jack Bruce. The group's third album, Wheels of Fire (1968), is the world's first platinum-selling double album. The band is widely regarded as the world's first successful supergroup. In their career, they sold more than 15 million records worldwide. Their music included songs based on traditional blues such as "Crossroads" and "Spoonful", and modern blues such as "Born Under a Bad Sign", as well as more current material such as "Strange Brew", "Tales of Brave Ulysses" and "Toad". (Wiki)


This was the band that got me into playing music and changed my life 

I was lucky enough to get tickets for Cream's farewell concert at the Royal Albert Hall 
(what a great venue!). I was 14 and loved this band like I loved the Beatles (and still do !)...But I wanted to play improvisations like these guys...For rock music this was new !
As support I heard Yes and Taste (featuring Rory Gallagher) and hence became a Rory fan...Later I had the pleasure to shake Rory's hand and tell him I was an admirer...outside the RAH again at a Johnny Winter gig... Here is and old docu featuring this great pioneering band Cream :   










Here is one of the best sounding Bootlegs of Cream that I've come across...Two gigs in the USA in 1968..

  

Thanks to the original poster...Get this 2cd Here :  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Various Artists - The O T Band Covers-Influences

Various Artists - The O T Band Covers-Influences Here is a 52 track compilation of the songs that The O T Band regularly covered/featured ...